View Single Post
Old
11-11-2011, 11:55 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
How is 10 points in 14 games underachieving?

Are you looking at ESPN's "on pace for" stat? That's not how real life works. By the end of the season if he's still "on pace for" 59 points id be shocked.

Do you think Dubinsky is going to be "on pace for" 0 goals by the end of the season?
I don't even know what the bold is....

I am just pointing out a fact. He is on pace for 59 points over 82 games. Is it still early? Of course. But when is it okay to say, "hmm, maybe he is having a bad season?". I don't understand why everyone is defending him. He needs to play better and put up more points. That's why he was brought in, to help carry the offensive load.

I am not saying he is a bad player, because I like watching him play but Scott Gomez had 70 points his first season as a Ranger and Ranger fans were all over him. Will the same happen to Brad if the same thing happens? He has a smaller cap hit but he has another 8 years on his contract.

Just pointing some facts out to people. If you think it's too early, fine. But due to the fact that the Rangers have been burned so many times by UFA's I am going to be cautious and a bit cynical, and I think that's fair.