View Single Post
Old
11-11-2011, 01:21 PM
Darylman

vCash: 500
I think Frattin is certainly more mature than Kadri and probably more defensively reliable. Not in the sense of backchecking or defensive coverage, but I suppose I would put Frattin in a board battle before Kadri. But imo even that is debatable, as we see players like Datsyuk win battles with intelligence more than brawn.

The issue is that Frattin is forcing what should not be forced. He cannot penetrate into defensive zones that have "men" as defenceman. He literally is not sure what to do, which makes him look like a slower and less possessive Jason Blake. Blake succeeded when he drove around the net and made plays, Frattin is afraid of carrying the puck more than a few seconds.

The third line needs change. Armstrong is good, no doubt, and we need him to crash the boards and the crease. If I am running the team, when Armstrong comes back, Kadri is called up and Frattin is sent down. Lombardi takes his place on the fourth line.

Yes, Lombardi is demoted. Hard to swallow for him, no doubt. But he has lost his poise with the puck. His speed allows him to play anywhere in the lineup if required, but I don't think anyone is claiming he has been anything but a disappointment when in possession. Let him work on becoming an elite PK'er. That's what the team needs more than whatever he was elsewhere, if he disagrees then perhaps we can talk trade.

Kadri has more poise with the puck than anyone not named Connolly, Liles or Gardiner. It's sorely...SORELY missed on the third line. He has the grit to throw checks, we really need to give him a chance. I understand he expected the world and that is a deterrent to the coaching staff, but there comes a time when you have to throw your cocky players into the fire. Nazem is an arrogant *****, and we need to let him prove it. If he does, he turns into a Kesler, if he doesn't, we move on anyways. Trying to make him into a humble human being runs the risk of ruining his potential, which imo, is not the best course.

Darylman is offline   Reply With Quote