View Single Post
Old
10-30-2003, 05:55 PM
Corey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH
LaFleur was an indirect product of this sham. They acquired his rights for players they had as far back as the late 50's, early 60's when this charade were going on. Hey, I wish it was the Broons- the Red Sox have a similar advantage these days, how else could they get a guy like Martinez for two minor leaguers at the time. Don't get so uptight- be happy about it. In life you use your advantages- if the Sox won this year I'd have been ecstatic but honestly, they have revenues far greater than 90% of the teams and can just go out and sign guys like Ramirez and Damon and Mueller, Millar, and Ortiz. The Habs had an advantage that didn't end with the 72 Bruins or 74 Flyers.

Sure, there were many players on the Habs that were not part of this charade just like the Yankees had many players they brought up thru the farm system like Williams, Jeter, and Posada. But the Yankees used the advantages they had just like the Habs. All I'm saying is the Cups are tainted- they still won them; I wish the Broons had the rights to everyone named Wayne or Mark. Instead of getting ticked be happy they had this opportunity others didn't.
They got the first draft pick in return for a player named Ralph Backstrom. No Quebecois he. If you resent that trade, think of how the Bruins got Esposito, Hodge, and Stanfield by robbing Chicago. And the Bruins signed Orr when he was 15 or 16. No sympathy for you, pal.