View Single Post
Old
11-11-2011, 08:03 PM
FeelsLike93

vCash: 500
For what its worth, heres a excerpt (sp?) from Eric Engels blog as it could possibly relate to a Gomez trade (basically saying he was in fact a healthy scratch last night as he was given the green light early yesterday. He was scratched EVEN with Cammy and Ak out, that says something...

"6) Alright, I've waited this long to get into it, but here goes:

Scott Gomez was given the green light, earlier yesterday.

I can appreciate that a player that suffers an impact injury usually has a chance to test things out with a little contact in practice before drawing back into a game situation.

That said, I'd imagine if it were up to Gomez, he'd have played last night. Most players who get green lit play.

So if Gomez wanted to wait to test things out in practice, well that's a disturbing caveat to add to his already impressive Montreal resume.

But I don't believe that's the case.

And if Martin sat him as a healthy scratch, even with Cammalleri and Kostitsyn sidelined, how would he have explained the decision after a loss?

Obviously, the Canadiens won, so no big deal, right?

And secondly, of course, if challenged, Martin would've used his out and suggested Gomez didn't have a chance to practice with contact, but will today and then join his teammates for the game in Nashville."