View Single Post
Old
11-11-2011, 09:26 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
The way I see it is that the only to have Desharnais be productive is to put him in the position. It is not to say he earned, but rather that if he is to be on the team, it's the only place where he can be successful. If anything I see it as a compliment to Eller. Eller is much more versatile than Desharnais and while I agree it sucks and that I wish Eller can take his place, I just think JM trusts that Eller can be successful by himself. No matter what linemates he has Eller's lines are almost always among the best night in and night out.

It's only a matter of time before Desharnais is replaced by Eller imo. If Desharnais continues to struggle as he has, don't expect him to stay there. Martin is giving Desharnais all the chances to prove that it is his spot so that if he takes him out because he just cant cut, no one will say that he wasn't given a chance.

That's the only way I can rationalize it.
This is pretty much the way i see it (and have been saying, lol). Still, as others have said, why Gomez is not alongside Eller instead of being on the 4th line is hard to make sense of. i guess we'll just have to see tomorrow..