View Single Post
Old
11-11-2011, 09:49 PM
KIRK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
No bash at all.

Maybe Tangradi could become that guy. He certainly has no problem driving the net.
Yeah, I was thinking maybe Tangradi one day too.

BTW, CW, does the actual post make sense in terms of the line lacking a winger who consistently drives the net after dropping a pass to Malkin (and, by extension, that it deprives Malkin the chance to exploit one of the ways in which he most dangerous offensively)?

It's just you can tell something is missing. I do think the knee is part of it. But, when I thought back to how Malkin scored all of those goals at even strength, a lot of them happened in the scenario I described.

Now, Neal drops to him and peels off to find a shooting position. If Geno cuts to the middle, the second defender can cheat to him without consequence. And, if Geno gets off a shot, the goalie isn't screened.

I don't want Neal to change how he plays, but it seems pretty clear to me that it will be a bit harder for Malkin to completely be Malkin again until they find someone who will pretty consistently drive the net.

EDIT: Still have pipe dreams of a trade somehow for Kulemin, who actually plays that way for anyone who watches what he does on a line with Grabovski and MacArthur in Toronto. Sadly, it won't happen . . .

Last edited by KIRK: 11-11-2011 at 09:54 PM.
KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote