View Single Post
Old
11-12-2011, 01:17 AM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
But to be declared healthy, you have to be checked out and approved by the team physician. I'm pretty sure it's not as clear-cut and easy as "declaring him healthy".
And there is no reason for McLaren not to consent. Last I checked, when a player is sent on a conditioning stint, he gets paid as if he were playing for the big-club. So he gets money and much needed play-time.
It clearly says "may" "with his consent" "be loaned". That means they don't have to be sent down. In fact, it is usually the team hiding a healthy player that the NHL is worried about. The language is there for a reason. I emphasize the word "may" because it indicates that he doesn't have to. If you follow the logic then a player can deny the conditioning loan and return directly to the team. If he can return to the team without a conditioning loan then he can be waived without a conditioning loan.

I'd wager that an injured player on LTIR or otherwise does not need to be sent down on a conditioning stint before returning to the NHL and playing or being waived.

None of this means I know that they are not planning on waiving him afterwards and are just buying time or that they may want to show that he's healthy before trying to make a trade. Or any number of reasonings behind it.

I'm sure KDB or someone will let us know one way or another what the definitive answer is.

Youth Movement! Tally Ho...
Led Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote