Thread: Line Combos: How can we improve the bottom six?
View Single Post
Old
11-12-2011, 08:25 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
One positive of the Kings now playing one of the worst systems in the NHL, I've been watching a lot more games on center ice than ever before. There is a lot of great hockey being played outside of LA. Most other teams don't seem to have a problem playing between the dots.
Dean Lombardi and Terry Murray hockey is never going to be that style, our roster isn't built for it.

I would love to watch a highly skilled Kings team with a roster similar to Chicago, Buffalo or Detroit flying up and down the ice playing the game the way it's meant to be played (in my opinion). I think we would all love to see creativty and speed at ES, movement on the PP, defenseman taking chances, but unfortunately as long as we have Terry and Dean it's going to be north and south, throw pucks at the net, ugly goals shot mentality, let's win 2-1 hockey games.

Obviously we will watch because this is our team, no matter how boring the style is, but ya it's frustrating to watch an exciting 5-3 early game and then sit down and hope the Kings can win another sluggish 2-1 game.

And that is also why the Kings haven't been on national TV much, no one wants to watch a 2-1 game when they can show a Buffalo-Philly game that is edge of your seat 5-4 type game.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote