View Single Post
Old
11-12-2011, 11:45 AM
Robb_K

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlweir View Post
I'd like to see and updated scouting report too. I think two things dropped Rattie to the second round.
1 He only weighed about 162ish lbs which made him undersized

2. More importantly he has a choppy skating style that isn't pretty but it is effective and he has good speed.
I suspect that he's added muscle and the resultant weight, and his body is maturing (he's growing into it). It doesn't usually happen gradually, but rather in threshold levels (as far as the player learning how to use the added muscle and how to move his body with the added weight).

Maybe he's significantly stronger and knows better how to use his weight and that strength, while, at the same time, the competition with the top-line players much older than him is gone (as they've moved on to the pros). He's moved up one notch in the WHL competitive levels in terms of strength, bulk, body coordination and experience. All that would give him more room to operate on offence. I am sure that he also worked on his skating, stickhandling, passing, shooting and other skills over the off-season, as well. That would allow him to produce more, and finish better, when given the opportunity.

All of that could be enough to make him a better player.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote