View Single Post
Old
11-12-2011, 11:40 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilswede View Post
I just don't get why this team has much trouble scoring goals. I mean it's not like it's a temporarily problem, it's been like this for years.

We're not going to be a playoff team if we can't start scoring. It's simple as that.
It's a easy question to answer to be honest with you but I won't tell you the answer cause I'll seem like a guy that goes on and on and on about the same thing.

Why Lou hasn't figured it out yet is beyond me. The worst part is that he's locking up guys that are exactly the opposite of what we need to long term, high cap hit contracts.

Guys like Salvador and Volchenkov are one dimentional players and shouldn't be paid a dime over 2.5M$. If they knew how to start rushes like Coburn for example, who's known as more of a SAH d-men with a nice first pass, I wouldn't mind it one bit but they can't.

We have a couple of guys in Larsson, Fayne, Greene and Tallinder who can all make a nice first pass but we have no one with a bomb of a shot to continue the offence when we are cycling the **** out of the opposition down low. We need that threat from the point more then anything else.

Bring in a guy that will rack in 10+ goals from the point and it'll help out everyone else. Right now, we have no real threat from the point so the defense is cheating down low and leaving them wide open cause they know they won't score.

Edit: It'll also help our below par/mediocre PP.