View Single Post
Old
11-12-2011, 12:52 PM
HCH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habiton View Post
Stats dont show anything. Play DD just on the third line and see if he still racks up 45 points, in which case I would agree with you. He is getting 1st-2nd line minutes and a ridiculous amount of PP time, he is actually a major disappointment in that category.

I am not a fan of Gomez but ffs at least hold them in the same category. DD is not any better than Gomez, at least gomez has heard of defensive positioning, even if it messes up alot he isnt following the puck like a chicken with no head.

DD is not a good player yet. Plain and simple.
Last year, DD played on the third line (about 6 minutes per game less than Gomez) and put up points. He had less PP time per game last year than this year, but that is probably more a function of Gomez being unavailable putting a bigger share of the load on Desharnais.

Reality check: Gomez has been terrible defensively for some time now.

Would I like an upgrade on Desharnais? Of course, who wouldn't. I would like an upgrade at every position. Is Gomez that upgrade? Maybe a slight upgrade and maybe not. The difference in their contributions is small enough that no matter which side of the argument you choose, you could be right or wrong on any given night.