View Single Post
Old
11-12-2011, 01:39 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

vCash: 500
I'm not really involved in this conversation, but something that's been coming up a lot lately is the importance of results versus process.

Process is more important than results because no team can control results. It's why the best teams win some and lose some. It's why there are hot and cold streaks. When Kopitar dropped in his offensive output, did he regress because his results dropped? No, because results do not accurately reflect everything, he was changing his game to be more well rounded.

The team is starting to play a bit better now. The results don't reflect it, but the process is better. Sometimes it's slow to reflect in the results, but it's the nature of the beast and nothing new in life. But is all of that meaningless to you? If so, then you're arguing nothing more than a fantasy hockey game.

But, I do feel TM has absolutely no idea of how to break the trap. I think he has only come up with the dump and chase and that is obviously not working because our players just aren't winning the battles to the puck. His system also seems to squelch any type of creativity. Watching other teams pepper Quick from all sides is fantastic to watch. We have the skill to accomplish that, but I think the system is too rigid.

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote