View Single Post
Old
11-12-2011, 02:39 PM
txpd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
i am wondering if the team may be best served to shave Green's minutes some. Its not rocket science to expect your minute leader to be oft injured. In doing so limit his chances to be injured, and groom Wideman and Carlson for bigger roles to fill Green's shoes come the playoffs since his absence seems to tank our team more than any other player. Sure they were both injured too but something may need to be done. All George will do now is add depth RD, as we have our playoff team. So I want to see Orlov get some games in this winter. I dont care is he isnt fully ready, I think it serves a young player to get his feet wet. So he makes some widemans, who cares. Lets prepare in every way we can for puck mover injuries, as it is just like a whack in the sack for our entire team.
green's minutes have been shaved. he is not playing 27 to 30 minutes a game and averaging 25+ minutes. he's playing more like 20-22 minutes in a 60 minute game. he's currently 4th on the TOI chart on defense. That he missed a chunk of two games that he played in averages in to that, but hamrlik, carlson and wideman are already playing at least as much as green.

they are all getting plenty of pp time.

how much less do you want green to play?