View Single Post
Old
11-15-2005, 10:54 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
First of all, the way Zherdev is playing, he will not be getting a huge raise. He is way to inconsistent and lackadasical defensively (at least through the first 17 or so games) to get a huge raise. Still, he has plenty of time to cash in. Hopefully he does against non-predator games

As for Fedorov, I am pretty sure he has an out clause after year 3, which this will be. This could be a one year rental or a 3 year blockbuster. Either way, the Ducks got jobbed on the trade. Fedorov and a 5th rounder for 2 losers....The one good thing about this trade is that CBJ defense is again weakend, although they do add a former selke winner in Fedorov. I had hoped he was gone from the division but now he is back in time for 7 more games . The Jackets are up against the cap, though, and with Klesla being put back on the IR.....why are they dealing for more offense. Mclean only knows one thing - offense, more offense, and even more offense....You simply aren't going to win with only offensive players.

One interesting side story, Adam Foote and Sergei Fedorov are now on the same team!