Thread: Proposal: Boyes for Stoll (LA)?
View Single Post
Old
11-12-2011, 10:50 PM
slip

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Put together a realistic proposal for a #1 center that the other team would accept and would keep us under the salary cap.
I just feel the Stoll idea stems from the penny pinching Golisano era; realistically what do we need another 3rd line center for? Between Goose and eventually (hopefully) Hecht that area is nicely covered. Not to mention LA seemingly lacking motivation to make this trade.

As far as putting together a realistic trade, I can't think of anybody off the top of my head. Sure there's obvious targets like Brassard or Vermette, but each is a dog with different set of fleas. The reality is I have no idea what players are available at any given time, and their cost. Could you have predicted Byron and Butler for Regher?

I do think guys like Stafford, Sekera, and Ennis can be used as pieces to bring in a solid second line type center. My confidence in Adam has nosedived over the past couple weeks. But if we're going to improve the position, let's do it right and get someone who can produce like a top 6 center.

slip is offline   Reply With Quote