View Single Post
Old
11-13-2011, 06:47 AM
RandyHolt
Keep Truckin

vCash: 2743
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
knowing what we know now, you would think there might be some revision upward to boudreau's playoff coaching. jurcina, morrisonn, pothier and erskine? two of them went out of the league almost immediately upon leaving the team. one is a 7 in washington and the other plays on a last place team. yet, its boudreau's fault that they lost. you could make a case that they made it to the 7th game of a series vs the eventual cup winners with that defense was a brilliant effort....instead its considered a choke job.
Revision upward

Almost all playoff teams have 567 types lurking around their rosters. I think some could argue Eminger and Erskine were our best pair versus Philly. Erskine and Juice were very good against the Rangers I. Pothier and Juice our best dmen vs Pitt, yes durability is a factor in grading players. Alzner Collins and Sloan pinch hit and didnt cost us games.

Bruce didnt trust anyone to cover for Green (spanning a few years), ignoring George's attempts to establish depth on that right side. Particularly against Pitt, the farthest we have gone, Bruce err'd in ignoring Green's injuries and a healthy Juice and Pots, who both even scored in the series.

We were a team built around Ovvense anyways. And I would dog Bruce for a lack of coaching before dogging the lowest paid dmen. No adjustments on the PP, no shadowing of forwards (boyd on Sid for instance), no shutdown pairs, forwards too high cherry picking, ignoring Dmen under pressure. Practices off instead or ironing out the PP; the handling of goalies is something I am not impressed with. Ignoring moving to Theo late in Montreal to haunt his former team and change the Mo, or late vs Pitt when everyone saw Varly falling apart. Not trying Holtby or Varly when Neuvy couldnt lead us to a win vs TB. I can probably keep going, no breakout plays to accommodate the non green defensemen. They would just slap the puck hard around to center.

Last edited by RandyHolt: 11-13-2011 at 06:55 AM.