View Single Post
Old
11-13-2011, 05:37 PM
PunkinDrublic*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
I'm sorry, I was assuming we were having a rational discussion about what was actually happening to the Habs this year, and not a knee-jerk reaction based on something that didn't even actually happen (as you'll remember, the Habs finished 6th last year...)

Montreal has the 4th-best 5-on-5 goal-scoring ratio in the league, a stat that's perfectly in line with their underlying numbers. They are strong both offensively and defensively at even strength. That doesn't exactly point to a system so weak that it should be a firing offense.

If you want to have some sort of marginally reasonable basis for a discussion on firing Martin, at least attack some area where the team has actually has shown any indication of being weak, such as the PP; then we can get in a discussion as to whether the signs that it'll turn around are to be believed. Attacking the coach on what's been the team's strongest suit thus far this season is quite frankly asinine.
How can it be knee jerk as you state since i have been against the JM signing since it was first announced on RDS ? And how could anyone have an opinion differing from yours right ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote