Thread: News Article: Chris Kreider
View Single Post
Old
11-13-2011, 08:16 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferek Stepaninner View Post
You've failed to read my points about us having players that can be just as good or better than Suter. Why do we need to pay $5M for Suter when one of our younger guys can do the same thing at a cheaper price?

We don't have anyone that can really do what Parise can. People can argue that Kreider can, but I have yet to see Kreider do what Parise can.

Parise is one of the best forwards in the NHL. Easily Top 10 or Top 20. Suter is not a Top 10 or 20 defenseman in the NHL. Suter is good, but he prevents us from spending money on the good top line LW we need.

If Erixon and McDonagh can get the job done at a cheaper price and we can add Parise, that's money used the right way.

If we have $5M tied up with Suter, where does the rest of the money go? Can you really get a top line LW when you have $5M tied up in 1 defender?

You can argue that Suter can make one of our defenseman expendable, but McDonagh/Erixon's cap hit does not equal a top line LW's cap hit.

How you think this team needs Suter more than Parise is beyond me. The team lacks offense, not defense. We have Staal, Girardi, Sauer, McDonagh, Del Zotto, Erixon and McIlrath. Why do we need another defender? All of the defenseman we have are very good. Why do we need to create a logjam with left handed defenseman?

Parise adds the offense we need, Suter just adds to our defense.
This post reeks of denial. You say we have defenseman who can do what Suter does but you haven't seen Kreider do what Parise can. Please tell me which of our defensemen have proved they can do what Suter can. I don't think you watch many Nashville games. Suter is an absolute #1 dman in every sense of the word.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote