View Single Post
Old
11-13-2011, 09:42 PM
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
You totally missed the point. It wasn't that Kreider has proven himself to be a Parise. It was that none of our D have proven to be as good as Ryan Suter. 43 games doesn't make a NHL career. Suter has been a legit #1 dman for years and puts up great offensive numbers while playing against the best players in the Western conference for 27 minutes a night.
Yet why should we spend money on him when we can have players that can turn into a player like him? If Suter has been earning $3.5M for all these years, who's to say that we can't sign someone like McDonagh for a few years at a range of $2M-$3.5M and he becomes a Suter like player? What's the point of having of locking up a $5M Suter for a few years when in 2 or so years, we can have a player like him for cheaper? I'm not calling Suter a bad player, I'm just saying that if McDonagh stays on his path, he will become as good or better than Suter and most likely at a cheaper price for a few years. Suter will want a long term option, If our defenseman surpass him in 2 or so years, I'm not paying $5M for him and especially for long term.

That Stepan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote