Thread: News Article: Chris Kreider
View Single Post
Old
11-13-2011, 09:18 PM
ColonialsHockey10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Suter, Staal, Girardi, McDonagh, Sauer, and one of DZ / Erixon / McIlrath is a great top 6. We're not forcing anyone out via trade. It's a GOOD thing to have competition. It's a good thing to be able to deal from a position of strength when needed. It's a good thing to not have to pencil guys into the lineup out of necessity because you have enough depth to let the players win their spots.

It's your OPINION that the money would be better spent on a forward. That's fine. For me it depends on the forward. I don't think Parise is the savior some of you think he is, and there's no guarantee he makes it to FA either. If it were Suter vs Ovechkin, I'd agree. I just happen to think Suter is more valuable to a team trying to build a contender than Parise. Not by leaps and bounds, but that's just how I feel. Especially when I consider that I think Parise on the open market commands about 1-2 million more than Suter would.
And I would agree with you if we were building a team from scratch. But with the way this team has drafted and how it is built, Parise is a much more appropriate solution. Either of them would have me thrilled, but a team like Tampa, who is led by Victor freaking Hedman, could certainly use Suter more, while we could use Parise.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote