View Single Post
Old
10-30-2003, 11:18 PM
agentfouser

vCash:
i'm not down for belanger on a scoring line. i would certainly have him out for crucial faceoffs, i think he deserves power play time, and there's no doubt that he's got untapped offensive potential; i've been saying that he's going to have a breakout year all summer. but, he's played on scoring lines in the past, and i think that he's a lot more comfortable in a defensive capacity. he thinks defense first, and that's what he's best at. i say keep him in a stopper role, and put him with klatt and lapperierre, and you would then have a very effective checking line, capable of matching up against other teams' top units and still putting points on the board.

as for the game, i agree with laval, cloutier was the difference. chechmanek did not show up. we played very well, but, like others have mentioned, just did not have the finishing skills there tonight.

it is absolutely fantastic to have miller and nostrom back. cammalleri wasn't too effective tonight, i hope he gets back into the stride he had in preseason. the effort was there, so that's a good sign.