Thread: News Article: Chris Kreider
View Single Post
Old
11-13-2011, 10:58 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

vCash: 500
Parise is the obvious UFA target. My only concern (and i'll let the cap hawks figure this out) is can we safely sign him without compromising resigning future RFAs? Also, we have to see how he performs this season. He had a pretty serious knee injury last season so it's not clear yet if he's totally recovered or if he's just another 60 pt 2nd liner now, instead of the elite 1st liner we all remember. It could be one of those injuries players never fully recover from. Haven't watched any Devils games this season so I couldn't say.

Kreider could be a 20-25 player in his rookie year. It could depend on who he plays with and how much ice time he gets. How is his 2-way play because that could get him sent down to Hartford by Torts? Anyways, it'll be clear that Kreider in his rookie year will not be able to provide what (a healthy) Zach Parise can. Even Parise and Toews didn't break the 70 pt barrier until his 4th year so it's probably unrealistic to expect Kreider to do so either. How many NCAA prospects roar out of the gates like top 5 CHL draftees?

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote