View Single Post
Old
11-14-2011, 01:58 AM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

vCash: 500
Champions style league

Now I know this is a pipe dream, and would never happen because the NHL and Gary Bettman doesn't give a **** about the IIHF (which is sad because it is bad for the game), but I think it would be cool to see a two or three week tournament at the end of the season with champions from the biggest leagues in the world. I don't know much about European hockey, but if I am not mistaken most of the leagues other than the KHL have teams only in one country right?? So if that were true I would suggest that the champions from the best leagues (again I don't know much about European hockey, but I think that a lot of these leagues are closer to the NHL than North Americans think) the Stanley Cup winner (and the best team from the country that didn't win the cup (last year wold have been Vancouver) so that both Canada and the US have a team). This way we could see all the years best teams play, and there would be national pride riding for the fans.
I think it would be especially cool if we had all the big international tourneys once every four years, because it would raise the prestige of them a lot (especially the World Championship in NA)
ex
2014: Olympics
2015: Champions Tournament
2016: World Cup
2017: World Championships

saskriders is online now   Reply With Quote