Thread: Andrew Gross: MZA may be back (The MZA Thread)
View Single Post
Old
11-14-2011, 03:31 AM
TigerJack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
what? link? that's extremely disappointing if true. i didn't think he'd be the type to give up so easily. if he plays a single game in the SEL, he has to pass through waivers to come back to the NHL. It's not like he is UFA after this season so he can't be trying to pump up his market value. what is he thinking? I was actually hoping they'd call him up and try playing him with Avery and Richards.

Anisimov-Stepan-Gaborik 1st line
Avery-Richards-MZA 2nd line 1
Dubinsky-Boyle-Callahan 2nd line 2
Prust-EC-Fedotenko checking line
Still only rumours. But there is words in norwegien media today, that Mats will have another talk with his agent about the situation, and it seems pretty obvious that he does not want to stay in CT the rest of the year.
If he breaks his contract with Rangers, it basically will be the same as giving up his NHL career.....
If I have understood the rules right, he will owe the Rangers a full new year on Entry Level if he breaks his contract, and the Rangers will have full control of his rights and could (and WILL) block his possibilities for further NHL play ever.

Google translate (hilarious as always, and of course with a lot of errors due to lack of research from the journalists):
http://translate.google.no/translate...874549&act=url

TigerJack is offline   Reply With Quote