Thread: Andrew Gross: MZA may be back (The MZA Thread)
View Single Post
Old
11-14-2011, 06:48 AM
TigerJack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
Yes I am tired of his agent talking in the media.
I really hope the rangers holding him back from europe. He has signed a legit contract.
He should first of all prove that he is to good for the AHL. He has not doing that by far.
1,11 points/game is for me more than good enough. Cannot see how he can contribute any more to prove himself.

Torts has already stated the problem: There is no room for him in the top 6 (or even top 9), no matter how good he is.

The top 6 (Gaborik, Stepan, Anisimov, Callahan, Dubinsky and Richards) are all untouchable. Everybody knows that there has to be a major injury to at least one of the top 6ers for Zuke to be recalled.

And this might not be enough either. There are a lot of other kids knocking on the NHL door. Hagelin and Mithcell are playing real well. Newbury is matching Zuke in points/game, and has already been up, all though he is more a 4th liner and not a direct opponent to Zuke for that place.

If Zuke had played for a team that was struggling more (Winnipeg, Carolina, Islanders, Columbus), Im pretty sure he would have been in the top 6 for these teams. Personally I would love to see him in Ottowa with Spezza.

Rangers are playing fantastic at the moment, Gaborik has probably his best days ever. At the moment it seems impossible for Zucca to return.

Zuke and his agent should have a serious talk with Sather and perhaps Torts (NOT THE NORWEGIAN MEDIA!!! ) about the situation, and see if they see a future for him in Rangers. If not, Im pretty sure the Rangers are honest and real people that either would give him a trade or let him become a UFA at the end of the season. Ijust cannot see how they would hold on to a player with his cap hit if they dont have plans for him. The best thing for Zuccarello is to play well for the Whale, and trust the Rangers organization.

Last edited by TigerJack: 11-14-2011 at 06:55 AM.
TigerJack is offline   Reply With Quote