View Single Post
Old
11-14-2011, 05:57 AM
FreshFitted67

vCash: 500
I have a problem with Sherman.

I'm not saying he's a complete moron. He has done some relatively decent patch-work since he's started, and I can understand his thinking in going out and acquiring a young number one d-man, but honestly this guy just makes mistake after mistake after mistake and so on.

There was a time when this club had one of the youngest, most dangerous and developing offences in the league. We had perhaps the best young power-forward in the league in Stewart, a very promising leader in Shattenkirk and a solid goaltender in Anderson, who singlehandedly stole us play-off games not to mention playing like 70 games and facing more shots than any other goaltender in the league.

Even Wolski was a loss, when you consider we got 15 games from a head case for him.

Stewart and Shattenkirk were both first-round picks developed in our system and were developing an awesome chemistry with the rest of this team... Does anyone remember the days where we held onto our top prospects? Anyone remember Drury, Tanguay, Hinote, and Skoula? Sakic for that matter?

Gone. those assets are gone. what did we get? Erik Johnson, who, while good, is no Nicklas Lidstrom. He's not even a top 10 d man in this league. maybe not even top 20. We overpaid big time.

We traded Anderson ( a middle-of the pack starter) for Elliott (a crappy back-up). Who in their right mind would make this deal?

Then we overpaid for Varlamov. (first and a second?). You realize this kid lost his starting job to not one but two AHL goalies last season? Oh, and when we made the trade he wanted to go back to Russia. It wasn't even a certainty that he would play for us. are you kidding me? were gonna finish near the bottom of the league again and now we don't have a first or a second. real smart greg. Then we let Fleischmann go. He was one of the only reasons we didn't lose every game in the second half of the season last year. I didn't like the Hunwick deal either. JML for a second???? he was one of the top scoring d men in the league last year. omg....

Some of Sherman's signings have been ok. I like O'Byrne and O'Brien. I like Winnik. Drafting Landeskog was a good decision. But man, the rest of his trades have been garbage. He is getting ripped off around the league and I'm sure other GMs are starting to notice this guy is an easy trade-win waiting to happen.

I predict Stastny will soon be gone, and we will not get a very good return.

PLEASE HOCKEY GODS SMITE GREG SHERMAN!!! Amen.

I hear fans blaming Sacco. And I don't think he's the greatest coach in the league either, but what is he supposed to do when he gets a young team and he coaches them to one of the best starts in franchise history, then two key pieces are ripped away from the team? Stastny, instead of playing with Stewart, has been playing with a merry-go-round of wingers, the best of whom is Jones. Are you kidding? of course his production is gonna go down. of course he is gonna be frustrated with this fanchise. I am. So how do you think he feels....

I don't expect anyone to read this whole rant... i'm just getting it out there for therapeutic reasons.
Hopefully the development of Landeskog, O'Reilly, Duchene, Varlamov, Elliott and Barrie can bring this team to the middle-of the pack in a couple years, provided he doesn't trade those players for skittles. But if Sherman's in charge this team will never make it to the top. just my opinion.