View Single Post
Old
11-14-2011, 08:50 AM
Feicht

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
That really wasn't the point. Obviously the players aren't going to lose on purpose, it's pretty sad that you actually thought that is what was being asked, I want them to either continue to suck or play themselves to the playoffs, none of the usual back and forth that nets us a 10-12 finish and a crappy draft pick.
Yep, this is a consistent problem, which is why Columbus is always similar to teams like Florida as opposed to Pittsburgh or Edmonton. It is amazing how a couple "truly horrible" seasons can benefit a franchise in the long run, as opposed to a bunch of "pretty bad" ones. Suffice to say, the Jackets have pretty much always had the latter I'm just kind of hoping at this point that--barring an intervention of the hockey gods, where the Jackets win 20 games in a row or something (which is what I'd really want)--they don't play much better than .500 the rest of the season, because after the atrocious start, one would think that this would still leave them dead last in the league.

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote