View Single Post
Old
10-31-2003, 01:59 AM
Killerbeez
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanwon
That's the most laughable statement I've heard in a while. Berard would be our #3 guy immediately.

"Why couldn't we sign Berard for 2 million, and then use Gonchar as trade bait to get at a quality defensive dman?

I couldn't agree more Seth. I'd like to see Aaron Miller here, but I'm sure that would be hard to get from the Kings.

Gonch for Miller straight up? Gonch and Ziggy would make a nice power play in LA.
re-read my post. Berard may be better than some of what you have, but you do already have the best offensive d-man playing right now. Don't trade gonchar. you;ll be looking for the next gonchar for years if you do. Until you've watched a season of brian you probably wouldn't understand. Being #3 on the caps right now doesn't take a lot of talent.

Berard has boat loads of talent but no vision in one eye. In close he got routinely beat all year long last year partly because he just couldn't see people and partly because he relied totally on instinct.

If you're going to firesale the caps, do it with the players that are aging or just don't fit....not a gem like gonchar.