Old
11-14-2011, 10:34 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Can we give the guy a little time ? He only got 65 NHL games under his belt and yet has 33 points so far (some games winners!)What David needs to do is shoot more often.

Martin St Louis in his first 69 games in the NHL had only 20 points.
Then over the next two years 131 games, he had another 75 pts.Then he start popping off 90 pt seasons.

Talk to me about David D in 2 more years ,i bet many will be eating words.
Listen I know I've opened a Can of Worms in mentioning DD and him not being a top 6 forward. But lets agree on something here.

Martin St.Louis is a workhorse, with a ridiculous shot, incredible hockey sense, and one of if not the fastest player in the NHL.

DD has an OK shot, hockey sense is quite good, but his speed is quick, yet not jaw dropping. Smaller players if not ridiculously fast need an edge, or some sort of lower body strength to keep going in the NHL.

St.Louis was fortunate enough to be gifted with all of the above, so I don't think DD and Marty should be spoken about in the same context here.

I never said DD is not an NHL player, but the original Question was Eller or DD, and for obvious reasons I've chosen Eller, because DD is by no means a top 6 forward, nor an untouchable, and I think people have to realize that he is 25, climbed the ladder yes, but is still not a blazing fast high-octane skilled forward that people make him out to be. (I am not saying you are making him to be that, just a general statement of what I've seen on this board)

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote