Old
10-31-2003, 03:44 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr4life5186
I must admit I am pleasantly surprised by his effort and decent skills, but, just like McCarthy, he doesnt belong on anything more than a 4th line. Especially when a talented kid is working his ass off every shift and is earning more minutes. Plus Simon takes way too many penalties, which is a big problem. Regardless of his toughness and physical side, which I like, theres no excuse to playing Simon more than Lundmark on a nightly basis. In the end, what Lundmark brings to the table (offense and speed) will contribute more to the success of the team than what Simon brings (toughness).
Taking too many penalties? First of all, he's getting penalties called against that simply aren't there. There have been three calls this year that have been horrible calls: the phantom elbow against Florida, the ticky tack elbow against Anaheim (no need to make that call, this is hockey and the defenseman went back at him), and the non existance boarding call last night. Other than that, there really haven't been many bad penalties. And if he gets a penalty being nasty and mean, that's fine with me. I'd rather get a penalty for elbowing or roughing than for interference or holding the stick. He has also shown more than a willingness to stick up for teammates; something that somehow became below Sandy.

McCarthy didn't even want to be mean. He wanted to be a finesse forward. Simon thinks he can score goals too but he does it by using his size and driving to the net. Quite different.