View Single Post
Old
11-14-2011, 02:55 PM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
Listen there will always be 2 sides to the coin, and 2 extremes to every topic, I think the DD love here is clouding the judgement of both sides, and I think somewhere in the middle would be a fair place to agree to disagree. I'll retract my previous statement and say if DD has 2 bonified top 6 wingers with him he can crack 50 points, if not, if its DD-moen-darche forget it, hes better off on the wing and wont crack 40 points.

That being said we haven't even mentioned if Eller had been given those kind of line mates for a consistent amount of time like DD we'd be singing a different tune.

So in short, do I personally think 70 points for DD is insane? No, not if you have Ovechkin-DD-Cammalleri as a first line, but realistically? yeah its a little excessive. I think 35-45 points is where he'll be at, and where he'll cap off, can't say the same for Eller as I feel once he gets comfy, and develops even more confidence, he will really shine, and people will be like "Holy **** we got him?" yep.
Well, to be fair, if there was a line of Moen-Gretzky-Darche that was playing 11 minutes a game with no power play time, I think Gretzky himself would have trouble to reach 40 points. If a player reaches 40 points on the 4th line, it means he doesn't belong on the 4th line.

But Desharnais is not the kind of player you want on a checking line. Therefore, he should get top 6 minutes and PP time during all of his career and 60-70 points should not be too difficult to reach considering his great offensive instinct.

Last edited by DDs not undersized: 11-14-2011 at 03:03 PM.
DDs not undersized is offline   Reply With Quote