Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Habs call up Andreas Engqvist
View Single Post
Old
11-14-2011, 04:07 PM
Andy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Yeah the AHL cupboard is extremely bare right now. It's fair to say that this is partly due to so many recent graduates, but it's also fair to say that a team built to compete needs depth and right now it's lacking. There's a solid handful of NHL-calibre (if not first line) prospects, but even Leblanc and Avstin are miles away from the NHL. Nash is probably the prospect closest to being NHL ready that hasn't been called up yet, but of course he's been out since camp started.

Been a long time since the dogs lineup was so slim on real prospects. I worry about Gauthier trading away one or two of our CHL-age guys to salvage a battle for 8th place this year too. Hope not.
Man the hamilton bulldogs should be interesting next.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldnt we expect Gallagher, Kristo, Ellis, Tinordi, Bournival to all play for Hamilton next season? I'm not sure if Beaulieu is eligible. It will give us much more call up depth when you add Leblanc to the list as well.

The lack of depth has largely to do with the recent graduates as you pointed out. Desharnais, White, Eller, Pacioretty, Weber and Subban all graduated in pretty much one year. Any farm team depth with 6 graduates would feel a hit.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote