View Single Post
Old
11-14-2011, 05:11 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
The $5 minimum "tip" really is excessive IMO. It used to be a $1 minimum for an autograph and $1 for a photo for several years. Now the last couple of years it's $5 minimum, which means $120+ for every player. Even though it's all for charity, it's still a significant outlay for autographs or photos you can get free elsewhere.

All in all, if you don't mind donating a chunk of money to charity once a year, this is as good of a place as any to do it.
Let me preface this by saying that this is not a complaint, but an honest question. The Kings and AEG have been very successful in raising money for their charity with this event - but I'm curious.

Has this event moved out of the realm of possibility for most fans?

I donate a fair share to the charities of my choice (animal rescues / veterans groups), so it's not like I'm being a cheap a-hole, but isn't this getting well out of the budget range of the average fan? Getting two regular tickets (so you can take your kid), autographs from all of the players, and 2 envelopes like you got adds up to about $500. That's a pretty significant hit if you are trying to raise a family, save for college, retirement, etc

PSP is offline   Reply With Quote