Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Habs call up Andreas Engqvist
View Single Post
Old
11-14-2011, 05:40 PM
Andy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Yes, they are good depth players, but not players you can build around. This is the problem. We also don't know how well they will fair against adults.

It's a shame because guys like Fischer, Maxwell and Carle had promise. You would think at least 1 would make an impact in the NHL. McDonagh is another one lost.

It's a real good thing they hit home runs in 2007 because this team would be in sad sad shape.
I don't recall Fischer, Maxwell or Carle being projected to be anything more than depth players either. I think Leblanc, Beaulieu, Gallagher, Kristo, Ellis, Tinordi to have much more promise than any of those guys. I disagree that they are all depth players. The only player that has his potential as a depth player is Ellis. Leblanc, Gallagher, Kristo, Beaulieu and Tinordi all have interesting upside. None of the forwards will be first liners, but that doesn't mean they can't play a significant role in the organization.

I think you are underrating the youth outside of the ahl. I'm not expecting them to be elite players, but I do expect them to fill roles needed in the organization.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote