View Single Post
Old
11-14-2011, 08:50 PM
Clock

vCash: 500
It's just funny that he finds it irresponsible.

If what Lucic did, coming from Lucic, can fly because he was convincing enough in a meeting rather than based solely on what happened on the ice, then for all intents and purposes it IS open season.

The most interesting thing for me here, though, is the change of direction:

Shanahan on the Boyes suspension from the preseason:
Quote:
Colborne’s head is the principle point of contact of Boyes’ hit. While the play develops quickly, Colborne makes no sudden movements just prior to, or simultaneous with, the hit; placing the onus on Boyes not to hit him in the head. While I believe Boyes’ assertion that he did not intentionally target the head, this is a reckless hit and is now illegal.
Shanahan on Lucic's lack of suspension:
Quote:
I had the hearing because I did make an initial assessment of the play as I do with all plays, but I did have some questions for Milan and I wanted to hear directly from him," Shanahan told NHL.com. "They were regarding his intent; at what point did he know there was going to be a collision; and whether or not he felt he had the time to avoid the collision. I was satisfied with his answers.
So... intent does or does not matter when dishing these out, Shanahan?

I still don't really care that Lucic wasn't suspended, but for him to come out and whine that Ruff said it how it is is a bit ridiculous, especially given the mixed standards he's already managed to exhibit only two months in.

Clock is offline   Reply With Quote