Thread: Speculation: Eller or Desharnais
View Single Post
Old
11-14-2011, 10:51 PM
Andy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
I like Eller a lot but he's a bit overrated in this thread.
He has the tools but I'm not sure yet that he has the "instinct" or the "offence flair" to be a second line center in the NHL.

P.S. and congrats for the Lats bashing. I almost missed it. Sheesh.
I didn't bash Latendresse, I said people were unhappy with him because they thought he was a lazy player to respond to a poster who said people hated Latendresse because he couldn't produce. These were not my views, but what people felt at the time.

Also it's hard to show your offensive flair when you get 0 PP time and play with only 1 top 6 winger and a grinder. Look at how many points Plekanec has gotten since playing with Moen and Gionta(top 6 winger and a grinder). In the last 4 games only one center has played with two top 6 wingers and that has been DD and surprise surprise, he's been producing in those last 4 games.

I don't hate DD at all, that's why I don't like this thread because it sounds like I do, but I don't I just don't think it's fair to compare the two since one is put in an offensive position on the team and the other is not.

Make the comparison when Eller gets the second most ice-time in forwards, gets to play with two top 6 wingers and gets the most PP time. Right now I think Eller is better because he has shown a lot more overall despite getting much less opportunities to show what he is made of.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote