Thread: Kings News: Martinez to IR; Voynov Recalled
View Single Post
Old
11-15-2011, 12:47 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
While I have a hard time seeing us let WM bail after this season in some ways we simply have to start making room for our kids in one way or another and the only way to do that the way things are today is by allowing our vets to move along.

Of course this leaves us in an exceptional position either way rather we move a vet or a highly touted kid we are in excellent shape for a return.

WM when healthy is simply just a solid bang on D man who can anchor a d pairing and take most any situation.

In a different way so does RS. MG is the weakest of the 3 but is still very good at what he does so deciding which to move isn't an easy thing.

IF N Des were NHL ready (2yrs away from my pov which is where I have had him) then I could see us maybe start considering bringing him up with the notion of replacing MG but with him (ND) being 2yrs from NHL duty (3yrs) from competing at a high level with the exception of Muzz we don't have any other Dmen down on the farm close enough to ready who has a physical element to their game that would allow us to move MG. Wow am I tired but you get the gist.

Anyway the way I see things working best is that we move one of RS or WM at the end of this season (WM walks or RS is moved). Will losing either of them open holes on our D? I think so but then the alternative is either losing VV or A Mart or or or.

I wouldn't pair JJ and DD together for several reasons unless it were on the PP or some other special circumstance. That said, if our PP units were DD/JJ and VV/AM we would be very well set on both units. You could say the same thing about any of our special teams under those circumstances too imo.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote