View Single Post
Old
11-17-2005, 03:32 PM
Melrose'sMullet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20
I agree completely with this point. Luongo is arguably the best netminder in the league, still relatively young, and would be an upgrade in goal for the majority of teams. For instance, if Montreal could get Luongo in a swap for Theodore (as was proposed earlier in the offseason) and some other add ons, I could see the deal being made. This would be especially believable, if the rumors of Luongo being upset at Panther management are true.

To get Luongo, I think most teams in the league could peddle a high end goalie and a young player/prospect to make it happen. Keenan may be of the opinion that Luongo will not come back after this season anyways (isn't that what his agent alluded to, when his deal was signed?), and in order to keep his franchise competitive, would settle for a great keeper who can still win games.

Why would they pay Theodore and not Luongo??? It doesn't make sense that Fla would deal for 4.5 million dollar player...and as far as the Flyers are concerned, I just don't see it with their payroll as high as it is. Luongo will demand a raise next season, probably to the tune of 5.5 to 6 million. Is Philly aspiring to become the new Toronto??