View Single Post
Old
11-15-2011, 01:46 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
The NHLs starting point will probably be 48% or lower, because I'm guessing that 50% is going to be their target.
The NHL is repeatedly saying and/or leaking 48-50% or that 50% would be ok or something along those lines. Do you know what 48-50 means? It means 50% is their starting position, and I'm saying this as someone who negotiates for a living.

If your client is ok accepting 53%, you call the other side and tell them 48-50%, knowing it will begin negotiations at 50%, but you give a flexible number to show you are trying to be reasonable and are negotiating in good faith.

Then you fight, fight, fight and say that you might be able to get your client to accept 52%. If you can't get this past the other guy, then you say that you will go back to your client and see if he's willing to accept 53%, but you want the other side to give you a guarantee that it will be accepted on the spot if your client agrees. All the while you know that your client is perfectly ok with 53% and you could probably get him to accept 54% if push came to shove, so he'll be really happy with what you just did.

I do this every day, including today while typing some of my posts here. Yeah, I'm not joking. This is what I do all day long and I come on this forum to clear my head from that crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
And if you actually read my post, you'd see that I said if "revenue is $3.5B," which is more than $100m higher than it was last year.
$100 would be less than 3% increase. NBC and Winnipeg alone would be 6% revenue increase, and the other teams also usually goes up. At a minimum, the rise will be double what you assumed, which is why I ignored it.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote