View Single Post
Old
11-17-2005, 03:41 PM
Melrose'sMullet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro
Colorado could make it work with the cap if they could send some throw ins the other way (i.e. Boughner, Sauer) and the further along the season goes. Even if it ended up striping the team too much to compete this year, I'd do it because of all the cap space coming next season.

Maybe Martin will leave him in net during a rout and he'll storm over to Keenan and declare that as his last game for the Panthers.
I think moving Aebi (1.9 million)would be enough...the Avs have about 2 million to play with right now between the not picking up Sakic and Blake's options (700K saved), the 400K they saved in sending Wolski back down and, the fact they were about 1 million under when the season began. Luongo's salary is only 3.2 million this year. The big question for teams is inking him long term and the Avs have put themselves in a position to do so by not picking up Blake and Sakic's options.

It would be nice to dump Boughner's salary but I don''t think Fla wants to play the game of taking on more salary. We may have to put the guy on waivers or give him away for nothing.