View Single Post
Old
11-15-2011, 10:11 AM
ohheyimmark

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Not only that, Zhitnik was one competitive cuss who was both liberal with his stick and on at least one occassion went knee-on-knee with someone as payback for an elbow (that being Alexei Kovalev in the first Pens-Sabres game after Kovalev put Zhitnik out of the previous year's playoffs with an elbow causing a concussion). Kovalev missed 13 games due to it and it was clear payback.

I wonder what happened to Gragnani. There is nothing to his body position to even be in the right place as an obstacle. He had a great hit in a game in Phoenix a few years ago (first recall) and it looked like he might actually have a clue that defense has to come first. Right now, his complete lack of contact makes him the posterboy for what is wrong with this team.
There is such a focus on him being the focal point of the powerplay and making a good pass that I think it dominates his thought process. It's the only reason he's still in the starting lineup and I think he knows it. It's almost like he's three steps ahead (in a bad way) thinking about offense when he should be focusing on D.

Myers/Regehr
Leopold/Ehroff
Sekera/Weber

Please.

ohheyimmark is offline   Reply With Quote