View Single Post
Old
11-15-2011, 01:20 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
I'd consider trading JVR straight up for Ryan (just beacuse of salaries next season). I'd be hesitant to trade voracek + Simmonds for him as together Voracek + Simmonds will cost about the same as Ryan but I think we'd get more use our of those 2 rather than just Ryan. I certainly wouldn't trade either Schenn or Couturier straight up for Ryan even though Ryan is CLEARLY the best plauer of the 3 but we need that center depth and the cheaper contracts.

If you want one of Schenn or couturier then it would have to be a 2 for 2 deal IMO. Something along the lines of Couturier + Meszaros for Ryan + Sbisa with whatever picks needed to balance it out. I know that you don't want to trade someone like Sbisa but if we are going to be trading one of our top young centers then we are going to need a good young dman back in return. From a FLYERs need POV, if we were to deal one of Schenn or Couturier then we'd be much better off trading for someone like Bogosian or Rundblad than we would trading one of them for yet ANOTHER top 6 forward considering we already have a plethera of them now.
Ya I bet you would

Gliff is online now   Reply With Quote