View Single Post
Old
10-31-2003, 06:44 AM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9
The point I was making was in regards to the debates we had all summer about how our top 6 were "amoung the worst in NHL history" and that you'd take almost every others teams top 6 over ours and my point was about how teams like Minny's top 6 appear alot better then they are due to the system dominating the way they play and the support of the forwards along with the set positioning of all the players mask alot of shortcomings as it has done with ours.
That has nothing to do with it. The fact of the matter is that our defensive play last year was still amongst the worst that I have ever seen. System or no. Minny's defense as a whole is still better than ours. We have NO ONE that is like Mitchell. This year Poti has been very good, I cannot lie. de Vires has been solid as well. However, the rest have not been anything to brag about. The ADRD could be the worst defensive pairing in the league. Kasper has been nothing special and Boucard has been decent. Say what you want, but w/o Leetch, most of the defenses of other teams are simply better 1 through 6.