View Single Post
Old
11-16-2011, 12:46 AM
Sabretip

vCash: 500
As if there wasn't already enough to despise about the situation:

Quote:
Shanahan's decision is debatable, to say the least. But what's beyond any debate is the unfathomable stupidity of Lucic to go on Boston sports talk radio shortly before the decision was announced and joke about the violent hit.

This was his taking the apparent "high road," according to Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli, who in a statement praised Lucic for not responding to Miller's profane comments about the Bruin in the emotional moments following Saturday's game.

Miller's remarks were aired, the goalie suggesting in them that Lucic outweighed him by 50 pounds. Lucic disagreed through a laugh, saying it's more like 60 pounds. Hilarious.
Quote:
Gaustad said that he and the Sabres had spoken directly to Miller about the team's meek reply to Lucic's hit.

"I told Ryan it's not going to happen again," he said. "I apologized. I stand behind Ryan 100 per cent and so does this team. He understands hockey and that we're behind him just as we're behind Jhonas or anybody in this locker room. We're going to move on and be a better team because of it."
Quote:
"There are codes in hockey. One was broken (Saturday) and honestly we broke one as well. We didn't protect our goaltender the way we should."
Quote:
Let's make this old-time table hockey and be done with it. Shove a steel rod up the back of the obedient netminder's pants and have someone from league operations sit behind the net and slide him from post to post
http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...472/story.html

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote