Thread: Rumor: Filatov to CSKA Moscow?
View Single Post
Old
11-16-2011, 11:43 AM
Holdurbreathe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
Why not? While they might be playing with Konopka and Winchester, but they're also playing bottom pairing D and other teams "worst" players. Butler's 2 plays to score goals is more than what Filatov has ever done on the bottom line. And like mentioned before, even if Filatov doesn't produce on the 4th line, if it LOOKS like he's actually trying to do something out there it would be a nice start, he's not engaged at all.

As Mr. Gilmore pointed out, has his skate ever touched the blue paint ever? Butler drew a penalty last night by going hard to the net for a rebound, Filatov can't at least draw a penalty with his skill? I don't care if you get 6 minutes or 26 minutes, you gotta make the most of either, and Filatov hasn't.
Excuse me, Butler has played 10 games this year (not all 4th line minutes) had 2 assists prior to his two goals last night. The two goals were his first points while playing on the fourth line. While I am happy Butler finally broke through, I am not expecting him to score very often if he remains on that line.

The fourth line is typically an energy line, and players like Butler, Da Costa and Filatov just don't fit the job description.

You are wrong with your assumptions that the fourth line plays against the worst defence and forwards, while a coach can managed match-ups at home, not so on the road. Last night both of Butler's goals were scored with Calgary's second pairing (Mark Giordano/Scott Hannan) on the ice.

To use any of the penalty calls last night to suggest Butler was an offensive force all night, is just a gross overstatement. The refs last night called infractions that were very marginal at best.

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote