Old
11-16-2011, 12:00 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Don't know why you're worried about St-Denis so much. Guy is very solid defensively. He's more than reliable, he just doesn't have much else to this game. He's not physical nor does he have a good shot. But he's a smart player, who doesn't get beat easily, and he's got a great first pass. He'll be fine.
Well that's just add. The Habs are low on size down low and adding a non-physical 5'11 (I hate putting an emphasis on size, by the way) just won't help much. I would have preferred someone that had a bit more size like Mark Mitera (6'3) or someone with some NHL experience like Joe Callahan (46 NHL games, also 6'3). We'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
The St-Denis hate is laughable. The guy has done nothing to justify being scared just yet and looked fine in the preseason.
Having a good preseason is not a good enough reason. Gomez had a great preseason too. When you're playing against guys that are at your level then you look better than you really are. St-Denis was going up against other teams AHL (or lower calibre) talent. He won't have that same opportunity tonight. This is why I'd prefer someone with some experience like Callahan.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!