View Single Post
Old
11-16-2011, 11:38 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna Guy View Post
I remember a few games back in the GDT there was a few posters saying how little he was doing for this team with his price tag

He is probably been the best UFA acquisition we have gotten in years so far.

Off the top of my head I can think of 7 points we might not have had without him.

- 2nd game of the season vs ANA when he scored with 2 minutes left to tie the game up. +1 point
- Game vs MTL where the habs got a fire under their ***** and were coming back but Richards quickly stopped that by scoring a huge goal to give us the 2 goal lead, ended up being the GWG. + 2 Points
- The waiting and waiting and waiting for the perfect pass to Girardi on the GWG to put us up 2-1 with 10 minutes left vs the Canes which opened the flood gates for a huge 5-1 win. + 2 points
- The huge clutch GWG goal yesterday night again. +2 points.

Without those 7 points in the standings we would be sitting in 13th place in the conference.

He's 2nd on the team with 13 points in 16 games, 3rd on the team with goals.

Frankly, it was embarrassing to see fans of this team trying to find faults with his game and putting his game down when he is been the most clutch player on this team so far and is consistently putting up points in games. Sadly, these were probably some of the same fans that were sticking up for Drury and the lack of anything he brought.
You miss-understood what I was saying. I said that if he stayed on his 65-70 point pace would people be happy with the signing at years end? Just pointed out the fact that Gomez scored the same amount of points his first season as well and people were already all over him for not scoring enough due to his contract.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote