Thread: Prospect Info: Cody Almond
View Single Post
Old
11-16-2011, 02:07 PM
saywut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossCheck View Post
Seems like you guys have a lot of depth for physical 2nd or 3rd liner (Clutter, Gillies, Brodz, Powe, etc.) but I'm mostly interested at what you thnik of Cody Almond?

Is he in the mold of a Brendan Dubinsky type of player or more of a Paul Gaustad?

Could you give your opinion about where he'll fit in your team's puzzle in 2 years?

Thanks!!!
Dubinsky would be closer but in reality Almond's nowhere near that good. I do think Almond's got the tools to be a solid depth forward(C/LW, 3rd/4th line). He's a quality forward for Houston, last year being the only forward to see significant ice time both on the PP and PK, while also centering the top line. With his call-up last year I felt Todd Richards failed to communicate his role and Almond failed to impress because he was trying to do too much.

I expected him to make the Wild out of camp but unfortunately he was injured. However, if Latendresse doesn't return soon and we want to keep Powe on the wing, I could see Almond getting a call to replace Peters soon, though Peters hasn't really done anything to lose his spot(both would be key players in Houston as well).

Almond's window is running out though as Larsson/Granlund/Coyle/Phillips join the NHL/AHL ranks. While McMillan/McIntyre are chomping at the bit for 4th line opportunity as well.

saywut is offline   Reply With Quote