View Single Post
Old
11-16-2011, 03:40 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
If we didn't have Richards, I'd say the same, but his $8.25M per cap hit doesn't fit into the cap structure of this team.

As for Richards, I was disappointed with his play at the start of the year, but he's really picked up his play greatly. He looks much stronger on his skates behind the net, is playing with much more decisiveness, taking more shots, and looks MUCH more comfortable on the PP. Just a matter of adjusting, and he now has 13 points in 16 games...solid given the start he had. He's been very involved in the past few games especially. I think last night might have been his best game as a Rangers, up there with the game against the Sens. That slapper was probably my favorite goal this season. Absolutely laser beam.
I left that out of my post, I meant to add that side note. If Eric was making a 1-1.5 million less I'd take him even with Richards on the team. But obviously it's unrealistic because I wouldn't want to give up guys Carolina would want such as dubinsky, anisimov, stepan, etc. Even Kreider I wouldnt want to trade.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote