View Single Post
Old
11-16-2011, 04:54 PM
Damaged Goods

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Well right now the precedent seems to be that blasting a goalie in open ice is OK. I don't know about you, but I'd be ****ing livid if Bryz was taken down in such a manner. Goalies don't expect to get run like that. It might be part of the job description for a skater, but not a goalie. It's like a sucker punch.

Maybe I'm naive, but like Shanahan, I basically believe Lucic's version of events. He was going head down as hard as he could after the puck for what he thought was a possible break-away attempt. He looked up and saw an imminent collision which he reacted to by bracing himself. I see this as more of the unavoidable/unfortunate kind of incidents you get in a game which to a certain degree is always going to be fast and violent.

Slapping a 5 game suspension on Lucic after the fact wouldn't have protected Miller either. And if that precedent had already been set, I wouldn't want Lucic to ease up on going after that puck because he was thinking about the possibility of colliding with Miller and getting a suspension. To me, that was a hockey play.

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote